- The top drivers of VMware Cloud on AWS are scalability and strategic IT initiatives, as well as cost savings.
- More than half (55%) of respondents who have workloads in off-premises Private Cloud are considering VMware Cloud.
- The study predicted market growth and found that both SMBs as well as large enterprises could see significant growth in the next 12-24 month, especially in the tech, financial, and education industries.
- Datacenter extension, disaster recovery, and cloud migration are the most popular use cases.
- The top four industries that are most interested in VMware Cloud on AWS include tech services, financial services, education and healthcare.
- Nearly one-third of respondents intend to increase their workloads or start running in the next twelve months.
The top three reasons to not consider VMware Cloud on AWS are:
- For the foreseeable future, plan to keep all IT resources on-premises
- VMware Cloud on AWS: Don’t Know Enough
- You should plan to use Azure or AWS public clouds natively
The following are the top three challenges when migrating to VMware Cloud on AWS:
- Executing the actual migration
- Assessing workloads before
- Inadequacy of VMware Cloud on AWS and lack of migration expertise
The top three challenges facing VMware Cloud on AWS are:
- Cost management
- Complexity of the network
- AWS prerequisites
The following are the top objections to choosing VMware Cloud on AWS:
- Too expensive (46 percent)
- Directly moved to public cloud (AWS Azure, GCP, GCP, etc.) (24 percent).
- Perceived lack in cost-effective, external